How to clean and chop banana flower stem
Banana flower is very healthy and tasty but cleaning part can be challenging. This video will make your cleaning banana flower job very easy.
- Remove big petals and collect florets. As you are collecting florets hold bunch in one hand and lightly brush on top of the florets with your other hand and fingers to open up flowers. This will make second part of cleaning florets quicker.
- As you remove petals, flowers will be tender and color of outer petals will also change.
- Keep tender florets separately as cleaning will be easier.
- Once all the florets are removed, keep the inside tender portion by chopping both the ends.
- Take each florets and remove stigma which has black head and small plastic like petal in front (discard this) and save the floret.
- Take water in a pot and add salt and turmeric power. You can also take buttermilk.
- Chop florets finely like you cut long beans.
- Chop tender part into fine pieces.
- As soon as you chop put it in water as this will avoid discoloration as banana flower discolors very easily.
- Cover the area you are using to clean and chop banana flower with newspaper that will make your cleaning part easy as floor will get stained.
- Soak chopped banana flower in water for 4-5 hours to prevent stickiness and discoloring.
- You can use this to make curries, vegetables, etc.
- FIanl part is cleaning hand and chopping board.
- Rub your hands and chopping board with lemon and wash after 5 minutes. All stains will be gone.