Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Famous Women In India

This thread consists of facts about women,so many Famous Women In India who had lots of struggle in their life time but finally they got their destiny, we should have at least little bit information about all these as i feel these information may inspire us in some or other way.So please sakhis add whatever information you 've so that all of us can know about their success.

You can do everything, but without losing what is essential; do it with love, with care, with interest, with enthusiasm, with motivation and with focus.
    Since it is impossible to escape the result of our own deeds, let us practice good works.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

GrandMaa's Lovely Secrets

I'm Learning the thoughts levels ...

My Blogging Space-Durga Puja

My food Menu today....

Save-the-Indian-Rupee!!!!-Save-India-!!!

Blog Entries

Default Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw

Kiran Mazumdar-Shaw is India's richest self-made woman, whose Biocon is developing the world's first oral insulin.She is the Chairman & Managing Director of Biocon Ltd.,Bangalore and who holds a 2.5% stake in Narayana Cancer Hospital India, Bangalore hospital in her personal capacity.She collaborated with Biocon Biochemicals Limited, Ireland, to found Biocon India in 1978. Initially, she faced many problems, but she was not the one to give up. Her firm has grown to be the biggest biopharmaceutical firm in India today. Though her business interests keep her occupied, she has found time to write a book titled 'Ale and Arty'.During 1975-77, she worked in technical positions in Kolkata and Vadodara. In 1978, she joined as Trainee Manager with Biocon Biochemicals Limited in Ireland. Collaborating with the same Irish firm, she founded Biocon India with a capital of Rs. 10,000/- in her garage in 1978. The initial operation was to extract an enzyme from papaya. Her application for loans was turned down by banks on three counts - biotechnology was a new word yet; the company lacked assets and most importantly, women entrepreneurs were still a rarity. On account of the last reason, she faced problems in recruiting as well.Over the years, the company grew under her stewardship and is today the biggest biopharmaceutical firm in India.In 2004, Biocon went for an IPO and the issue was over-subscribed by over 30 times. Post-IPO, Shaw held close to 40% of the stock of the company and was regarded as India’s richest woman with an estimated worth of Rs. 2,100 crore.In 1998, she married John Shaw, an expatriate manager and Indophile from Scotland at Madura Coats. John Shaw resigned as the managing director of Madura Coats the same year and joined Biocon as its Director for International Business and the Vice Chairman of the Board. He is also a great enthusiastic trekker.

Last edited by swapnanjalis; August 4th, 2010 at 12:47 AM.

You can do everything, but without losing what is essential; do it with love, with care, with interest, with enthusiasm, with motivation and with focus.
    Since it is impossible to escape the result of our own deeds, let us practice good works.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Default Smt. Sarojini naidu

I like SAROJINI NAIDU. Got this information from net.

Sarojini Naidu
    Born: February 13, 1879
    Died: March 2, 1949
    Achievements: She was the first Indian woman to become the President of the Indian National Congress and the first woman to become the governor of a state in India.

Sarojini Naidu was a distinguished poet, renowned freedom fighter and one of the great orators of her time. She was famously known as Bharatiya Kokila (The Nightingale of India). Sarojini Naidu was the first Indian woman to become the President of the Indian National Congress and the first woman to become the governor of a state in India.

Sarojini Naidu was born on February 13, 1879. Her father Aghoranath Chattopadhyaya was a scientist and philosopher. He was the founder of the Nizam College, Hyderabad. Sarojini Naidu's mother Barada Sundari Devi was a poetess and used to write poetry in Bengali. Sarojini Naidu was the eldest among the eight siblings. One of her brothers Birendranath was a revolutionary and her other brother Harindranath was a poet, dramatist, and actor.

Sarojini Naidu was a brilliant student. She was proficient in Urdu, Telugu, English, Bengali, and Persian. At the age of twelve, Sarojini Naidu attained national fame when she topped the matriculation examination at Madras University. Her father wanted her to become a mathematician or scientist but Sarojini Naidu was interested in poetry. She started writing poems in English. Impressed by her poetry, Nizam of Hyderabad, gave her scholarship to study abroad. At the age of 16, she traveled to England to study first at King's College London and later at Girton College, Cambridge. There she met famous laureates of her time such as Arthur Simon and Edmond Gausse. It was Gausse who convinced Sarojini to stick to Indian themes-India's great mountains, rivers, temples, social milieu, to express her poetry. She depicted contemporary Indian life and events. Her collections "The golden threshold (1905)", "The bird of time (1912)", and "The broken wing (1912)" attracted huge Indian and English readership.

At the age of 15, she met Dr. Govindarajulu Naidu and fell in love with him. a non-brahmin, and a doctor by profession. After finishing her studies at the age of 19, she married him during the time when inter-caste marriages were not allowed. It was a revolutionary step but Sarojini's father fully supported her in her endeavour. Sarojini Naidu had a happy married life and had four children: Jayasurya, Padmaj, Randheer, and Leilamani.

Sarojini Naidu joined the Indian national movement in the wake of partition of Bengal in 1905. She came into contact with Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Rabindranath Tagore, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Annie Besant, C.P.Rama Swami Iyer, Gandhiji and Jawaharlal Nehru. She awakened the women of India. She brought them out of the kitchen. She traveled from state to state, city after city and asked for the rights of the women. She re-established self-esteem within the women of India.

In 1925, Sarojini Naidu presided over the annual session of Indian National Congress at Kanpur. Sarojini Naidu played a leading role during the Civil Disobedience Movement and was jailed along with Gandhiji and other leaders. In 1942, Sarojini Naidu was arrested during the "Quit India" movement and was jailed for 21 months with Gandhiji. She shared a very warm relationship with Gandhiji and used to call him "Mickey Mouse".

After Independence, Sarojini Naidu became the Governor of Uttar Pradesh. She was India's first woman governor. Sarojini Naidu died in office on March 2 ,1949.
    sarojini_naidu.jpgsarojini-naidu.jpg47743_1_200px.jpgdharma0712.gif50876724.jpg
    THANKS
    Padmini Seshendra

PADDU'S RECIPE HOUSE
    PADDU'S TIP HOUSE

Blog Entries

Wawo what a thread full of information about the famous women of India who really made a lot of difference in our personal life. We learn a lot from them.

Swapna, this thread is very motivating and inspiring.
    Sushmita Sen. She became world famous after winning Miss Universe. She did not stick to her beauty and attached to romantic hindi movies. She is growing enterpreneur.

Blog Entries

thanks a millon times dear padmini for such a nice description ...i just love it ...be there always...your support counts a lot to me.
    Yes So many information Padmini has got for SAROJINI NAIDU , i can add few ...
    SAROJINI NAIDU was famously known as Bharatiya Kokila(The Nightingale of India).
    SAROJINI NAIDU had 4 children: Jayasurya, Padmaja, Randheer, and Leelamani. Her daughter Padmaja later became Governor of Bengal.n 1961 her daughter, Padmaja published a collection of her previously unpublished poems under the title, The Feather of the Dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by seshu.paddu View Post
    I like SAROJINI NAIDU. Got this information from net.

Sarojini Naidu
    Born: February 13, 1879
    Died: March 2, 1949
    Achievements: She was the first Indian woman to become the President of the Indian National Congress and the first woman to become the governor of a state in India.

Sarojini Naidu was a distinguished poet, renowned freedom fighter and one of the great orators of her time. She was famously known as Bharatiya Kokila (The Nightingale of India). Sarojini Naidu was the first Indian woman to become the President of the Indian National Congress and the first woman to become the governor of a state in India.

Sarojini Naidu was born on February 13, 1879. Her father Aghoranath Chattopadhyaya was a scientist and philosopher. He was the founder of the Nizam College, Hyderabad. Sarojini Naidu's mother Barada Sundari Devi was a poetess and used to write poetry in Bengali. Sarojini Naidu was the eldest among the eight siblings. One of her brothers Birendranath was a revolutionary and her other brother Harindranath was a poet, dramatist, and actor.

Sarojini Naidu was a brilliant student. She was proficient in Urdu, Telugu, English, Bengali, and Persian. At the age of twelve, Sarojini Naidu attained national fame when she topped the matriculation examination at Madras University. Her father wanted her to become a mathematician or scientist but Sarojini Naidu was interested in poetry. She started writing poems in English. Impressed by her poetry, Nizam of Hyderabad, gave her scholarship to study abroad. At the age of 16, she traveled to England to study first at King's College London and later at Girton College, Cambridge. There she met famous laureates of her time such as Arthur Simon and Edmond Gausse. It was Gausse who convinced Sarojini to stick to Indian themes-India's great mountains, rivers, temples, social milieu, to express her poetry. She depicted contemporary Indian life and events. Her collections "The golden threshold (1905)", "The bird of time (1912)", and "The broken wing (1912)" attracted huge Indian and English readership.

At the age of 15, she met Dr. Govindarajulu Naidu and fell in love with him. a non-brahmin, and a doctor by profession. After finishing her studies at the age of 19, she married him during the time when inter-caste marriages were not allowed. It was a revolutionary step but Sarojini's father fully supported her in her endeavour. Sarojini Naidu had a happy married life and had four children: Jayasurya, Padmaj, Randheer, and Leilamani.

Sarojini Naidu joined the Indian national movement in the wake of partition of Bengal in 1905. She came into contact with Gopal Krishna Gokhale, Rabindranath Tagore, Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Annie Besant, C.P.Rama Swami Iyer, Gandhiji and Jawaharlal Nehru. She awakened the women of India. She brought them out of the kitchen. She traveled from state to state, city after city and asked for the rights of the women. She re-established self-esteem within the women of India.

In 1925, Sarojini Naidu presided over the annual session of Indian National Congress at Kanpur. Sarojini Naidu played a leading role during the Civil Disobedience Movement and was jailed along with Gandhiji and other leaders. In 1942, Sarojini Naidu was arrested during the "Quit India" movement and was jailed for 21 months with Gandhiji. She shared a very warm relationship with Gandhiji and used to call him "Mickey Mouse".

After Independence, Sarojini Naidu became the Governor of Uttar Pradesh. She was India's first woman governor. Sarojini Naidu died in office on March 2 ,1949.
    sarojini_naidu.jpgsarojini-naidu.jpg47743_1_200px.jpgdharma0712.gif50876724.jpg

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Blog Entries

Thanks a lot dear Pranati for linking the content of this thread , yes we've to learn so many things from these successful women.
    Quote Originally Posted by pranati View Post
    Wawo what a thread full of information about the famous women of India who really made a lot of difference in our personal life. We learn a lot from them.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Blog Entries

Thanks Suchetamuni for liking this post
    Quote Originally Posted by suchetamuni View Post
    Swapna, this thread is very motivating and inspiring.
    Sushmita Sen. She became world famous after winning Miss Universe. She did not stick to her beauty and attached to romantic hindi movies. She is growing enterpreneur.
    here i'm adding few more things about my fav Sushmita Sen

Sushmita Sen was born in a Bengali family. Her father, Shubeer Sen, is a former Indian Air Force Wing Commander and her mother, Subhra Sen, is a fashion artist and jewelry designer. She has a brother, Rajeev Sen. She was born in St. Theresa's hospital, Hyderabad, and grew up in New Delhi.
    In 1994, at the age of eighteen, Sushmita won the title of Femina Miss India beating Aishwarya Rai, who was the runner up. Sen represented India at the 1994 Miss Universe Pageant, held in Manila, Philippines and won there.She is the first Indian to win a Miss Universe Title.She won the best supporting actress award in the year 2000 for her role in 'Biwi No. 1' which was the biggest hit of 1999.She also enjoys writing prose and poetry.She has adopted another baby girl Alisha on November 19 2009, which also happens to be her birthday.

In 2000, she adopted a daughter, named Renee. On 13 Jan, 2010 she adopted a three-month-old girl and named her Alisah.

Personal Quotes

"I have many memorable moments in my treasure-chest of memories but the day I became a mother is something special. On June 30, 2000 the courts handed me my daughter, Renee. I was ecstatic that day. I loved Renee from the first time I laid eyes on her. In court the fight was a tough one as I was a single parent and a celebrity, so those were marks against me. But I still won and got my daughter." (Movie Mag International, July 2004)

"I am totally a beach person. I love South America and I've been there lots of times, specially Venezuela and Brazil. They are great vacation cities. There is not a single country in South America that I have not been to. Among the places I haven't seen but which I would love to visit, Spain tops my list." (Movie Mag International, July 2004)

"Yes, I am a night person but I prefer staying awake at home till late at night. I rarely go to any pub. I would rather hang out at home with loud music and dance in my room. Abroad I love going to restaurants like 'Sky Bar' in Los Angeles and 'Tao' in New York." (Movie Mag International, July 2004)

Her thoughts about touring: "Doing these kind of shows take a lot of planning and activity and ends up being extremely hectic. So to revive myself, I look for those small moments that make you forget the rigors of the tour." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"Between 18 to 20, I really thought there were fun things in life that I would much rather be doing than worrying about the responsibilities of that magnitude. But now at 30, I feel I was able to get a jump-start on my life and have achieved a lot. I don't feel I missed out anything." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"I feel I started my life when I won at Goa - The Miss India contest. Then another memorable moment was when I won the Miss Universe crown in Manila. There have been several others. But none of those moments compare to what I felt on July 31 in 2001. That was when the court gave me Renee's adoption rights. Renee means "to be born again", and after having her in my life, I feel reborn. I don't want anything to go wrong for her ever. So I am that much more careful with my life now. No more rash driving. Being a mother, I don't think anything has topped the moment yet." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

"The reason why I wanted to be famous! No one's asked me that one so I am going to tell it now. I have always thought that a person is born, lives his life, goes through life in a certain way, maybe does some good things that everyone applauds... maybe your family, maybe your friends. But when you die, you want to have touched a few more lives. You want people to feel the loss when you go and miss you. I want to be famous because I want my fans to become my extended family." (Lifeline magazine, Fall 2006)

On how she would react if a woman made a pass on her: "I'd say, 'thank you'. Another human being likes you, what's wrong with that? How far they like you is again, their problem, not yours. That woman has made a choice of being with another woman, I have made mine to be with a man. It's just a difference in our sexual preferences. Doesn't mean one is acceptable and the other is appalling. Absolutely not!" (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

"If the need arises and my heart doesn't agree with it (marriage), I will have children without getting married." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)

"I'm 30, and enjoying every bit of it. I haven't changed a thing that I don't like wearing and the only reason I don't wear it is 'coz I don't like it on myself. I reveal when I feel like it. Today I do, tomorrow, I might not. It's about freedom of choice, not age. All power to people who understand that ultimately, clothes are going on your body. If you are comfortable with it, wear it. I'm not judgmental about the way people dress. What disturbs me however, is if after you've worn it, you're constantly talking, pulling, figuring yourself out. Thats disturbing." (Stardust magazine, September 2006)
    Last edited by swapnanjalis; August 4th, 2010 at 07:25 AM.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Blog Entries

Default Lata Mangeshkar

Lata has a voice that no Indian can forget ever,she is the heart of Indian music. Delightfully high, the notes rendered clearly to the last bar, the words pronounced with a rare panache - the voice has haunted Indians for over five decades. The 'masseuse' of this all-pervading music and the queen empress of India's immensely popular light music industry, is a portly, dark, camera-shy, plain-as-jane, woman, Latabai Mangeshkar, who, as a playback singer, enjoys today, a clout, which even the movie moguls of the country's film industry cannot dream of. Lata Mangeshkar's songs have captured the hearts and imagination of millions of her admirers around the world. They have become an inseparable part of the daily lives of Indians - wherever they may be. Words fail to express the depth and scope of Lata Mangeshkar's genius. Lata Mangeshkar has come to symbolise India in a way that no one else has, or ever will for years to come.

QUICK FACTS:
    Lata Mangeshkar
    Nickname: Anandadhan
    Date of Birth: 28 september, 1929
    City: Sikh Mohalla, Indore, Madhya Pradesh
    Mother: Shudhhamati
    Father: Pt. Deenanath Mangeshkar
    Siblings: sisters Meena, Asha, Usha and brouther Hridaynath
    Favorite Literary Works: Khalil, Gibran, Chekov and Tolstoy
    Favorite Classical Singers: Ustad Bade Ghulam Ali Khan and Ustad Ameer Khan
    Favorite Playback Singers: K.L.Saigal and Noorjehan
    Favorite Film Makers: Guru Dutt, Bimal Royand Satyajit Ray
    Favorite Movies: Padosan, Gone with the wind, Limelight and Titanic
    Favorite Music Directors: Madan Mohan, Salil Chowdhary and Jaidev
    Favorite Lyricist: Shailendra,Sahir Ludhianavi, Majrooh, Neeraj and Naksh Lyallpuri
    Favorite Sports: cricket, football and tennis
    Favorite Food: Kolhapuri Mutton and Fried Fish with Tartar Sauce
    Favorite Accessories: her Golden Payals
    Favorite Colour: white
    Favorite Jewellery: diamonds
    Other facts: acted in a few marathi films
    Hobbies: photography and cooking
    Languages: hindi
    Last edited by swapnanjalis; August 4th, 2010 at 06:06 AM.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Blog Entries

Default Kiran Bedi

Kiran Bedi is the first woman officer to join Indian Police Officer. She is India's first and highest ranking women officer. She joined the Indian Police Service in 1972, and has an expertise of innovative and welfare policing.

Kiran Bedi was born on June 9, 1949. She was the second of the four daughters of her parents, her father Prakash Lal Peshawaria, a landlord in Punjab and mother Prem Lata Peshawaria. Kiran Bedi did her schooling at the Sacred Heart Convent and joined NCC. She excelled at sports and took up tennis, a game which her father used to play. After school she went on to study Political Science at the Government College for Women, Amritsar.

Kiran Bedi started her career as a lecturer in Political Science. Soon she left the job after the selection in the Indian Police Service in the year 1972. In her more than 35 years of the police service she served in a number of different and challenging assignments. Kiran Bedi has greatly influenced areas like control of narcotics, traffic management and VIP security. She retired from IPS in December, 2007, after taking voluntary retirement.

She was awarded Ramon Magsaysay Award (Asian Nobel Prize) in 1994 for her prison reform policies. She has received several coveted awards. Kiran Bedi has been an author of several books, guest columnist in various magazines and newspaper and anchored several Radio and Television shows. She diligently worked for social-issues like prison reforms, crime prevention, drug abuse, police and women's issues. She's been involved in education, training, counseling, and health care to the urban and rural poor.

She has worked with the United Nations as the Police Advisor and represented India at the United Nations and in International forums. She has set up two voluntary NGOs, Navjyoti and India Vision Foundation, which works relentlessly in the areas of drug abuse treatment and schooling for prisoner's children.

Kiran Bedi is a gusty woman who fears nobody. She has been one of the most inspiring Indian figures and admired women.
    Last edited by swapnanjalis; August 4th, 2010 at 07:14 AM.

Chhoti Chhoti Baten

Free Hours with Plants

Enjoy Jokes

My food Menu today....

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast