Default Home Remedies for Dandruff

Excessive usage of chemicals on the hair in forms of hair dyes, hair sprays, gels and creams are harmful for the hair.

You can apply henna on the scalp. It can be prepared by mixing curds, 1 tsp of lemon juice and some tea water in the henna. You can also add eggs.

Soak fenugreek seeds in the water overnight, make a paste of it in the morning and apply it on the hair with curd. Leave this mixture on head for at least half an hour. It helps in getting rid of the dandruff.

In hot coconut oil, squeeze one lemon juice and two cubes of menthol. Massage it into your hair and scalp, it reduces the dandruff and adds shine to the hair.

Water of boiled neem leaves too helps in getting rid from the dandruff.

Always wash your comb, hairbrush and towel with medicated solution in hot water when you have dandruff and never share them with others. Clean your pillow cover everyday, get it changed everyday or put a towel on it to cover it while sleeping. Otherwise you will spread dandruff to all your family members.

Tea tree oil and rosemary oil are very helpful in reducing dandruff. You can add few drops of them into your massage oil and apply this mixture on your head; it will reduce your problem of dandruff.

Always brush your hair properly and tie when they are completely dry. If we tie wet hair, the moister and sweat left inside if doesn't dry can give problems such as lice and dandruff.

Blog Entries

Rekha, thanks for posting helpful tips.

Sakhi
    Blog Entries

rekha, very good tips. Selsun blue is a good shampoo for dandruff.

Blog Entries

Nice tips Rekha

Default Re:(Home Remedies for Dandruff)

Hi Rekha,
    It's true that excessive chemical can damage or hair so its better to use herbal product for the hair. Henna is one of the best herbal that can be use for curing various hair problem. From homeremediesfinder.com I have found a lot of there herbals and home remedies for hair care. I have tried one of them for my dandruff problem . It is really effective. Folks can try these remedies for shiny and dandruff free hair.

hi Rekha,
    good suggestion, i tried a lot to remove dandruff but i can not get rid off.

Blog Entries

thanks rekha. Im getting dandruff thrse days. I tried selsin blue but it comes back after few weeks.

I will pass this on to my naphew. Thanks. My naphew has chronic dandruff problem.
    life is a stage, play it.